OlliOlli, a 2D skateboarding game that first arrived for PlayStation Vita in January 2014, is coming to Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Xbox One in early 2015, as announced by publisher Curve Digital in a new trailer.
Developed by British studio Roll7, OlliOlli plays like the lovechild of Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Canabalt. Tony Hawk’s pursuit of stylish moves and combos is compressed into two dimensions, trading exploration for a punishing series of unlockable challenges across linear levels. The PC port, released in July 2014, featured 250 challenges, 120 tricks and grinds, and an unlockable “RAD” mode. No word yet on whether these new ports will feature any additional content.
The game has since come out on Linux, Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Windows platforms. The impending 2015 release brings the game up to date with most contemporary platforms, except for mobile phones. That’s ironic, given that the game was originally being developed for iOS before Roll7 approached Sony.
- The Onexplayer Mini has me skeptical about the Steam Deck
- Fortnite finally comes back to Apple devices via GeForce Now
- Rocket League Sideswipe is a free mobile game worthy of your time
- Keymander Nexus is a handy KVM switch for all your gaming devices
- CES 2022 shows the very convoluted future of video game tech