OlliOlli, a 2D skateboarding game that first arrived for PlayStation Vita in January 2014, is coming to Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Xbox One in early 2015, as announced by publisher Curve Digital in a new trailer.
Developed by British studio Roll7, OlliOlli plays like the lovechild of Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Canabalt. Tony Hawk’s pursuit of stylish moves and combos is compressed into two dimensions, trading exploration for a punishing series of unlockable challenges across linear levels. The PC port, released in July 2014, featured 250 challenges, 120 tricks and grinds, and an unlockable “RAD” mode. No word yet on whether these new ports will feature any additional content.
The game has since come out on Linux, Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Windows platforms. The impending 2015 release brings the game up to date with most contemporary platforms, except for mobile phones. That’s ironic, given that the game was originally being developed for iOS before Roll7 approached Sony.
- Ex-BioShock developers offer details about their new game, ‘The Blackout Club’
- You can sign up for the ‘Fortnite: Battle Royale’ mobile beta right now
- Free Pluto VR chat and messaging app for gamers enters Early Access on Steam
- ‘H1Z1’ finally leaves early access alongside new ‘Auto Royale’ mode
- ‘Radical Heights’ is a battle royale game from the makers of ‘LawBreakers’