Talking to German-language outlet Zeit, McCartney said he’s not only interested in the world of computer games, but he’s currently working on the music for an unidentified game.
“Actually, I’m currently working on music for a computer game,” said McCartney when asked if he’d ever consider writing music for a game.
McCartney wouldn’t identify the game, but he said he found the entire gaming industry to be a fascinating market for a musician — especially when comparing game sales figures against those of the music industry.
“A new computer game is selling so much better than a new CD these days,” he added. “You reach a different audience. These days, young people might hear my music for the first time in a game.”
- Meet the playlist curators who mint new music stars, one pick at a time
- Intel is building brain-like processors that will power the robots of the future
- Silverplanes jet into the ‘Gulfstream’ of modern listening, one EP at a time
- Atari embraces cryptocurrencies and sees its stock prices soar
- Veteran game designer creates ‘War Room,’ the ultimate WWII tabletop game