Sony announced that pre-ordered games for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 will now automatically pre-load ahead of time, allowing you to boot up and play right at moment they launch rather than waiting for a lengthy download. The first game to take advantage of the feature is Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, which launches on June 24.
Otherwise all titles made available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store on or after May 20, 2014 support pre-loadeding. You don’t even have to do anything–as long as the console is in standby mode, any qualifying pre-ordered games automatically downloads. There is even a countdown timer for each title to let you know exactly how long you have until you can start playing.
Here’s the current list of games with pre-load enabled:
- Battlefield: Hardline
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Far Cry 4
- InFAMOUS First Light
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
- The Order: 1886
- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Pre-loading has long been available for many PC titles (such as Blizzard’s), and Sony promised it as a PlayStation 4 feature back when the console was announced. You can keep tabs on the games becoming available for pre-order with Sony’s weekly PlayStation Store Updates.
- Apple builds excitement for future releases with App Store pre-orders
- Apple HomePod smart speaker is now available for pre-order
- Apple HomePod pre-orders open today; is it worth $350?
- HP’s first Qualcomm-powered PC, the HP Envy X2, is available for pre-order
- 11 best pre-flight safety videos worth switching your iPad off for