Precursor Games today began a second round of fundraising for part one of its episodic game Shadow of the Eternals, the studio’s spiritual successor to the 2002 survival-horror game Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem. After launching a fund raiser on its personal website last week, the game now heads to Kickstarter.
With 24 days remaining, Precursor’s independent funding drive has raised over $150,000 of its $1.5 million goal. The Kickstarter campaign has a slightly smaller stated goal of $1.35 million—the difference between the original drive’s ultimate goal and its funding so far. The Kickstarter is currently approaching 100 backers and around $7,000 in funding. It appears the funds from the two campaigns will be combined, but it’s unclear whether the studio is actually hoping to raise $2.85 (the combined total), or simply donate the proceeds from its first fundraiser into the Kickstarter campaign and stick to its original goal of $1.5 million.
There are extra rewards for Kickstarter backers who have already funded the game through Precursor’s website, including “a digital collection of materials containing lore, manuscripts and clues” for Shadow of the Eternals. If the game reaches its goal, the first episode will be released during Q3 of 2014.
- What do you need to power 4K games and movies?
- These shoes let me stroll through ‘Skyrim,’ and I desperately want to go back
- Esports boot camp means battling stress, sweat, and homesickness for gaming glory
- Tweak these ‘Fortnite’ game settings for a split-second edge
- Nintendo’s sale offers big discounts on some of the best Switch games