Precursor Games today began a second round of fundraising for part one of its episodic game Shadow of the Eternals, the studio’s spiritual successor to the 2002 survival-horror game Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem. After launching a fund raiser on its personal website last week, the game now heads to Kickstarter.
With 24 days remaining, Precursor’s independent funding drive has raised over $150,000 of its $1.5 million goal. The Kickstarter campaign has a slightly smaller stated goal of $1.35 million—the difference between the original drive’s ultimate goal and its funding so far. The Kickstarter is currently approaching 100 backers and around $7,000 in funding. It appears the funds from the two campaigns will be combined, but it’s unclear whether the studio is actually hoping to raise $2.85 (the combined total), or simply donate the proceeds from its first fundraiser into the Kickstarter campaign and stick to its original goal of $1.5 million.
There are extra rewards for Kickstarter backers who have already funded the game through Precursor’s website, including “a digital collection of materials containing lore, manuscripts and clues” for Shadow of the Eternals. If the game reaches its goal, the first episode will be released during Q3 of 2014.
- Reebok debuts the Liquid Floatride Run, its latest 3D-printed shoe
- The best running apps for iOS and Android
- IronCloud hopes to be your fitness companion for any and all activities
- Tony Hawk is no longer working with Activision on skating games
- ‘Black Panther’ stays on top of the box office as ‘Tomb Raider’ misses the mark