So id Software and Bethesda have been doing their mad scientist thing in the metaphorical video game lab, and the result is the monster new title Rage (usually stylized as RAGE). And it looks fairly awesome–ok, it looks more than awesome, and we wants it now like Gollum wanted the precious.
As the trailer claims, RAGE pretty much blew people away during E3, partly because it just looks kinda amazing, but also because of the pedigree and potential behind the production. Id has long had a tradition of releasing epic titles like the Doom, Wolfesntein and Quake games, while Bethesda has earned a reputation for quality titles as well. Then there is the debut of the highly anticipated id Tech 5 engine, which is sort of the cherry on top of what is easily among the most anticipated titles of the year.
Set in a post-apocalyptic world, you awaken after the Earth has been devastated by an asteroid. You were supposed to be part of a contingency plan that cryogenically preserved a select group of people to help repopulate the planet, but things—as they tend to do in these types of games—went wrong and you find yourself alone and confused in a hostile, mutant-infested wasteland.
Check out the trailer below, and look for RAGE on PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360 on September 13.
[Warning: Trailer may not be appropriate for all ages]
- There is looting in the apocalypse, but there won’t be loot boxes in ‘Rage 2’
- ‘Rage 2’ is all the rage on Twitter; announcement appears imminent
- Check out the first gameplay for Bethesda’s zany shooter ‘Rage 2’
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- E3 2018 press conference schedule: When to tune in for every major game reveal