Never one to be left out of a tech trend, Sony continues to work at breaking down the border between you and your games with new tech demos of that showcase the Playstation 4’s potential for augmented reality experiences. The two videos below were posted to Playstation’s Japanese website (via GameSpot), showing off some of the AR that is possible using the Playstation 4 Eye camera.
The first video shows a man holding up two squares that generate clear cubes full of sloshing, simulated water and the perennial favorite rubber duck, which he proceeds to pour back and forth and then dump onto the floor.
In the second video, a man shines a real world flashlight onto a dinosaur, then virtual pop star Hatsune Miku, with the light casting appropriate shadows based on the position of the source in relation to the character.
Both effects are quite impressive. Along with Sony’s recently revealed Project Morpheus VR headset, this bodes well for the company’s commitment to an exciting future where gameplay will escape the two-dimensional prison of the screen.
- Everything we know about the PlayStation Classic
- How to prepare a PlayStation 4 for gifting
- PlayStation Classic hacked in less than a week to play games via USB drive
- PlayStation 5 release date in 2020 confirmed? PSVR 2 also on the way
- Sony reverses wrongful ban of PlayStation 4 player due to ‘offensive’ PSN ID