Earlier today we got a look at the new trailer for the upcoming mega-crossover Street Fighter x Tekken, but that wasn’t the only popular fighting game to get a new teaser ahead of this week’s Gamescom convention in Germany.
Namco Bandai offered up yet another peek at SoulCalibur V the next installment of its popular weapon-based combat game. Set 17 years after the last game (SoulCalibur IV, of course), the upcoming title features the debut of at least two new characters, Patroklos and Pyrrha, the children of sword-and-shield-wielding SoulCalibur regular Sophitia.
The new trailer offers up a bit more information about who’s returning for the next chapter of the franchise, though there probably aren’t any surprises for SoulCalibur fans. As always, Voldo seems to have undergone a creepy redesign, and we also get to see a few of the explosive new attacks certain characters will wield.
The end of the trailer offers up a nice look at Patroklos, too — who, along with his sister, probably won’t be the only new characters to debut in the game.
SoulCalibur V is scheduled for a 2012 release on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
- The most anticipated new TV series for 2018 and beyond
- Nintendo announces new Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy ports, and more
- Roll out! New ‘Bumblebee’ trailer is filled with old-school Transformers
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Buster Scruggs,’ ‘Missing Link,’ ‘Mowgli’ and more
- Nero shows off his sweet new demon-killing arm in ‘Devil May Cry 5’ trailer