Insomniac Games’ Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive is quietly creeping closer to its October 28 release. It’s a weird one, an open world adventure that looks like it mixes the best pits of Tony Hawk, Saints Row, Dead Rising, and Ratchet & Clank into a simmering, spicy stew. You bounce off of everyday objects, grind along rails and wires at high speeds, wade through armies of mutated beasts, and blow things up with dynamite-infused teddy bear rocket launchers.
This wry live-action trailer attempts to capture all of that, and then fails spectacularly. Except that’s also the point of the trailer to begin with. So it’s a win? Right? Just watch it and chuckle. This weird-looking action game deserves your attention.
- The Quarry might just live up to Until Dawn’s horror legacy
- GameStop has the Nintendo Switch, and summer is the perfect time to own
- Apex Legends Mobile Perks guide: How do Perks work?
- Escape Academy brings the escape room to your living room
- Sony’s revamped PS Plus service has a release date