Insomniac Games’ Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive is quietly creeping closer to its October 28 release. It’s a weird one, an open world adventure that looks like it mixes the best pits of Tony Hawk, Saints Row, Dead Rising, and Ratchet & Clank into a simmering, spicy stew. You bounce off of everyday objects, grind along rails and wires at high speeds, wade through armies of mutated beasts, and blow things up with dynamite-infused teddy bear rocket launchers.
This wry live-action trailer attempts to capture all of that, and then fails spectacularly. Except that’s also the point of the trailer to begin with. So it’s a win? Right? Just watch it and chuckle. This weird-looking action game deserves your attention.
- TWB Podcast: CES preview; LG 8K television; Home assistant takeover
- To feed or not to feed: Players face tough choices when ‘Vampyr’ launches June 5
- ‘Die With Me’ is a chat you can only access when your phone’s almost dead
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’
- Sensor-activated trash can opens up like the airlock on a futuristic spaceship