With all of the big happenings around the DC universe these days — from the big relaunch and same-day digital comics to the upcoming Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises movies – it’s no surprise that Superman is getting a new game.
What is a little surprising, however, is that it’s arriving on the iPhone and iPad, and won’t have anything to do with the “New 52” rebooted version of the character.
IGN reports that developers Chillingo and Tiger Games are targeting a November release for the as-yet-unnamed Superman game, which will feature 18 levels and make use of the Man of Steel’s well-known powers to save the day. Players will be awarded for successful completion of each level with various medals (much like Angry Birds) according to how efficiently they performed as Metropolis’ savior.
According to the report, the game will feature the more classic version of Superman instead of the “New 52” and movie-style versions of the character, and Lex Luthor will be the primary villain. Additional story details are scarce, though IGN has a nice gallery of screenshots from the game that offer a little more insight regarding its tone.
- Everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- Superman prequel series ‘Krypton’ now has its first full trailer, premiere date
- Here is everything we know about the ‘Aquaman’ movie so far
- Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly in talks to play the Joker in stand-alone film