HBO’s streaming service, HBO Go, has finally arrived as an app for Xbox One, according to Xbox Wire. The app has been available on Xbox 360 for some time. “Now, Xbox One users can get in on the action and Kinect with the very best HBO series and films on this innovative, state-of-the-art device,” HBO vice president of Digital Domestic Network Distribution Jeff Dallesandro said. Very punny, Jeff.
HBO Go gives access to the latest episodes of hit shows like True Detective, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, and Girls the night that they air. It also includes an extensive back catalog of movies and classic series like The Wire, The Sopranos, and Sex and the City.
Currently HBO Go requires that you (or, more often than not, a friend of a friend of a friend) have a cable subscription to HBO. In 2015, however, the network will begin rolling out a standalone digital service. Game of Thrones broke records for digital piracy, so providing an easier way for cord-cutters to access the network’s critically-acclaimed content promises to bring in substantial new revenue.
- HBO Go vs HBO Now: Which is right for you?
- HBO’s ‘Succession’ trailer teases a power struggle over the family business
- From the silver screen to your TV, these are the best movies on HBO
- A ‘Sopranos’ prequel film from series creator David Chase is in the works
- ‘Three Billboards’ and HBO shows win big at 24th Screen Actors Guild Awards