Check out our review of Titanfall.
Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts’ online-only first-person shooter is going to start its beta on February 14, according to an image captured by the French website Xboxygen (via GameSpot). The beta will run from February 14-19, all leading up to the game’s March 11 release on PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
Neither Respawn nor EA have confirmed the beta, but it would fit with what we already know. The game has already concluded an “Alpha Trial” test phase on the Xbox One, although participants are prohibited from voicing their opinions (leaving us all to jealously wait for one of the most anticipated games of the year). No word on if the beta will also be an Xbox One exclusive, or if it might appear on PC and Xbox 360.
Titanfall will feature online-only matches that throw mech and human avatars onto the same battlefield. Each match will feature up to 48 combatants, but only 12 of those will be controlled by actual humans, in 6v6 matches. There will likely be plenty of match and player customization options as well. We’ll know more in the coming weeks.
- March’s Xbox Games With Gold freebies arrive a day early
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold
- ‘State of Decay 2’ spreads its infection to Xbox One and PC this May
- Check out the best Xbox One deals and bundles for April 2018