War has already been waged on the Transformers’ home planet of Cybertron. Now that planet will Fall. Transformers: War for Cybertron developer High Moon Studios has been owning the gaming side of the Transformers franchise since that game’s 2010 release. The studio also did this year’s video game treatment of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Both Fall and Dark were reasonably well-received, and so High Moon will repeat its efforts for Fall.
The Activision press release has very little to say about the game, pointing to Game Informer’s November 2011 issue, in which the official reveal is featured as a cover story (with limited edition covers! wheeeeee!). GI of course has a post up on its website to tease the upcoming game, but there’s no information offered.
In other words, buy the magazine.
War for Cybertron did some things really right, particularly in the realm of fan service. The game itself was ultimately somewhat repetitive and light on complexity, but High Moon has always done strong work (see also: The Bourne Conspiracy). Hopefully the dev team took some valuable lessons from War and Dark that they’re now applying to Fall.\
- The best sound machines to help you fall (and stay) asleep
- The best rain jackets for fall, winter, and beyond (updated for 2019)
- Apple boss hints at lower iPhone prices to fight falling sales
- ‘The Batman’ might begin filming in the fall — minus Ben Affleck, report says
- Apple Watch fall detection saves life of ‘bloody and unconscious’ man in Norway