Twisted Metal and God of War creator David Jaffe appears to have a new game incoming, and a teaser from Sony suggests that it’ll be revealed at December 2014’s PlayStation Experience event in Las Vegas. The video briefly flashes a link at :18 to bartletjones.com/haunted, which is on the website of Jaffe’s studio The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency. Jaffe co-founded Bartlet Jones after leaving Twisted Metal (the 2012 game) developer Eat Sleep Pray in 2012.
The link to Jaffe’s site leads to a second, cryptic video that gives off a distinctly horror vibe:
Jaffe has confirmed on Twitter, however, that the unannounced title is not actually a horror game.
Those expecting a horror game from us (much as we'd love to make one 1 day) will be disappointed. Plus I'd hate 2 go against the amazing PT!
— davidscottjaffe (@davidscottjaffe) November 25, 2014
According to the studio’s LinkedIn page, its first title under development is an action game built around original IP. Also of note on the LinkedIn page is a video from a few months ago reaching out to astrophysicist celebrity Neil deGrasse Tyson, asking him to be in their new game.
We anticipate learning more at Sony’s upcoming PlayStation Experience event on Saturday, December 6, 2014.
- The 10 most exciting announcements made at The Game Awards
- What the hell do we know about From Software’s next game?
- (Metal) gear up for greatness with the best new games of February
- Here are 8 games we think might get delayed in 2018
- New THQ Nordic horror game ‘Fade to Silence’ hits Steam ahead of The Game Awards