At a special, one night event next Monday, July 28 in Santa Monica, CA, the original cast of The Last of Us will reunite to perform a staged reading of selected scenes from the game live.
Under the direction of Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann, a cast of Troy Baker (Joel), Ashley Johnson (Ellie), Merle Dandridge (Marlene), Hana Hayes (Sarah) and Annie Wersching (Tess) will perform scenes from the game, accompanied by live music from the game’s Academy Award-winning composer Gustavo Santaolalla. Afterwards, the creative team will have a Q&A session with the audience.
The performance will takeplace at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica, CA on Monday, July 28 at 7pm PT. Tickets are free, but apparently sold out. You can sign up for the wait list here. The event will also be broadcast live through Twitch, YouTube, and the PlayStation Live Events Viewer.
Just as film took its formal cues from theater in the early decades of the 20th century when the medium was young, so too have games looked to film for how to tell stories during this adolescent period of discovering what native forms will be possible in gaming. The Last of Us stands as a pinnacle of this borrowed, cinematic style of storytelling, and thus it is entirely appropriate to come full circle to a theatrical event like this.
- ‘Shadow of the Tomb Raider’ gameplay will debut at Tribeca Film Festival
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Here to revolutionize your commute is Bird, a new escooter sharing company