A newly-released system update to Nintendo’s Wii U brings, among other features, a brand new Quick Start menu for the GamePad controller. Booting up the controller will immediately display a list of your ten most recently-used games and apps so you can jump right in to your preferred diversion. It’s a handy feature that brings the Wii U in line with instant-on features available for the competing consoles.
Other features of the update include:
- Improved user settings and selection experience.
- System updates can now be downloaded and installed while the console is in standby.
- Configurable alerts on the GamePad controller for updates, releases, and Nintendo promotions, even when the system is on standby.
- Simpler Nintendo Network ID setup.
System Update 5.0.0 U is available now and will download automatically when the console is on and connected to the Internet.
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- Latest Nintendo Switch update lets you find friends through social media
- The best game console you can buy right now
- ‘Donkey Konga’ bongos could be coming to Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto thinks Switch life cycle could surpass six years