Having delayed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt earlier this year in order to give the game more polish, CD Projekt RED announced that the third and final game in the Witcher series will be upon us on February 24, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
CD Projekt RED also revealed what will be included in the standard and collector’s editions of the game.
The standard version includes:
- The game itself
- An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
- The “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
- A physical map of the in-game world
- A set of stickers
- A protective sleeve
Meanwhile, the collector’s edition includes all of the above, as well as:
- A 33 x 24 x 26 cm, 100-percent hand-painted, polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- A Witcher medallion
- A steelbook box
- A 200-page artbook
- A Collector’s Box
The digital, DRM-free version of Wild Hunt, meanwhile, includes a digital art book, bonus videos, and a detailed map of the game’s world. The GOG.com-exclusive digital edition nets you an extended game soundtrack, wallpapers, artwork, a digital comic, two beta keys for The Witcher: Adventure Game, and a free copy of Neverwinter Nights.
The CD Projekt RED-GOG.com partnership doesn’t end there. If you own previous The Witcher games, you will get an extra 5 percent off Wild Hunt‘s asking price for each game you own.
The Witcher series is loosely based on the Polish fantasy novels of the same name, which is composed of six books and several short stories. All of them follow the story of Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter who was bestowed with magical abilities that are further enhanced by a lifetime of brutal training. As previously mentioned, Wild Hunt was delayed, though the developer promises “the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us.”
- Cyberpunk 2077’s Steam success is great, but we can’t rewrite its history
- Bayonetta 3 release date, trailers, platforms, gameplay, and more
- State of Decay 3: release date, trailer, news, and more
- Every game verified for the Steam Deck
- Goat Simulator 3: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more