Shove aside those new machines and plug your Xbox 360 console back in, because you’ll be able to get down with some free-to-play war-making in Wargaming’s World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition on February 12, 2014. Announced at E3 2013, the 360 version of World of Tanks brings team-based tank-on-tank warfare into your living room, with re-tooled controls and a more console-friendly user interface. Note that you’ll need to be an Xbox Live Gold subscriber in order to play, though Silver users can take advantage of a 7-day timed trial.
World of Tanks recently celebrated hitting the milestone of 1.1 million concurrent players in Russia alone (that’s where the game debuted). The PC version has 75 million users around the world and drew in roughly $372 million in 2013 alone from in-game microtransactions. We’ve gotten a close look at the Xbox 360 release two separate times, and we walked away impressed on both occasions.
You’ll be able to check it all out for yourself next week on February 12.
- March’s Xbox Games With Gold freebies arrive a day early
- Immerse yourself in action with the best Xbox One headsets
- ‘State of Decay 2’ spreads its infection to Xbox One and PC this May
- ‘Jade Empire,’ ‘The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind’ are playable on Xbox One
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold