Nuvyo’s Tablo over-the-air (OTA) DVR was a clever if somewhat limited way for folks to stream and record free HDTV broadcasts in their area using a digital antenna. As we reported in our review, the system had a great user interface and was relatively easy to use. Our only complaint was that it worked only with tablets and smartphones. That has now changed, however, with the announcement of Nuvyo’s new Tablo app for the 4th-generation Apple TV.
Now users can stream live and recorded OTA content directly to their big screen via the most recent Apple TV set-top box. Because the app was built specifically for Apple’s new tvOS, it isn’t available for owners of prior-gen Apple TVs.
Check out our video above taken live from the show floor at CE Week 2016 in New York where Nuvyo’s own VP of marketing, Renata Scorsone, explains how the app works and what it will let Tablo owners do.
- With a new app for Tizen-powered Samsung TVs, Tablo now supports most smart TVs
- New features for Tablo DVRs mean you won’t miss a second of your favorite show
- How to watch the 2018 Winter Olympics online
- Comcast Xfinity: Everything you need to know about cable’s biggest player
- Don’t need sports or locals? Philo could be your live TV streamer of choice