At CES 2017, Digital Trends was granted access to a private demonstration room where LG was showing what it had planned for OLED into the future, and we witnessed firsthand how those plans goes well beyond your living room.
Soon we’ll see OLED replace many of the displays we currently see in shopping centers, business outlets, board rooms, and any number of conceivable commercial spaces. But this won’t be a simple case of swapping out screens. OLED can do things LED/LCD displays simply can’t, thanks to their ultra-thin profiles and sheer flexibility.
Granted, we probably won’t see OLED take over the outdoor screens we see in stadiums and ballparks across the world, but as you’ll see in our video above, they’ll soon appear in countless indoor venues, and we won’t just see these new displays, we’ll hear and interact with them.
- These are the best cheap 4K TV deals for September 2020
- The best TVs for gaming in 2020
- Labor Day LG TV Sale: Save on must-have models at Best Buy
- The best folding phones of 2020: What’s available now and what’s coming up
- The best cheap OLED TV deals for September 2020: LG and Sony