Dyson made the vacuum sexy, now they’ve made it smart. It took nearly 16 years to get it right, but Dyson finally has a robot vacuum, and it totally — wait for it — cleans the floor with the competition.
We caught up with Dyson at IFA 2014 and spent some time watching the robot at work. Who knew a vacuum could be so fascinating? With an extremely small-yet-powerful digital motor, tank-like tracks, and a 360-degree image sensor that maps out your room so it knows exactly where to go, it’s got some serious cleaning chops.
Dyson has also created a smartphone/tablet app that lets users wield control over the 360 Eye, and even track the little sucker’s progress. Check out our hands-on video to see this incredible robot in action, find out when you can get one, and how much you’ll have to fork over for it.
- Dyson’s V10 reinvents vacuums with carbon-fiber bristles, crazy-light motors
- Dyson may launch a trio of electric cars starting in 2020
- Dyson Pure Cool line shows what impurities you’re taking out of your air
- The best vacuums you can buy
- Panasonic built a robot gentle enough to pick tomatoes, but not exactly graceful