A new report entitled Blu-ray and HD DVD Disc Technologies: Pursuit of a New Standard from the Santa Clara Consulting Group (don’t bother with the Web site unless you need a laugh) makes some pretty bold predictions about the direction of the broad “blue laser” next generation DVD market. Despite the looming format war between HD DVD and Blu-ray, the anticipated sales revenue of next-generation DVD players, game consoles, PC drives, and related media (like games and movies) will exceed $2 billion during 2006, and account for some $28 billion by 2010.
(Yep: $2 billion. This year. 2006.)
“Currently the market seems to be preoccupied with the format battlebetween Blu-ray and HD DVD technologies; what is overlooked is the factthat a market is developing and the opportunity is huge,” observes DavidBunzel, Managing Director of SCCG.
According to SCCG, Sony’s forthcoming PlayStation 3 gaming console
- Are you guilty of drunk shopping online? You’re not alone
- What is a blockchain? Here’s everything you need to know
- ‘Billions’ third season is the showdown fans have been waiting for
- How Nvidia is helping autonomous cars simulate their way to safety
- What is Android? All your questions about the operating system answered