Sheraton Hotels and Yahoo announced they’re teaming up to create free WiFi-enabled Yahoo-branded lounges in Sheraton Hotels, dubbed Yahoo! Link @ Sheraton. The communal lounge spaces open today at hotels in Boston and San Diego, and as virtual spaces in New York and Connecticut.
The deal includes both physical lounge spaces with free WiFi-enabled broadband Internet access for Sheraton guests, as well as a premium service bundle which includes free 30-day trials of many paid Yahoo services, including music, games, Web-based mail, plus Yahoo Finance Tracker and Yahoo Briefcase. Sheraton hotels will also feature a customized, co-branded portal Web site available on computers in the lounge areas as well as in guest rooms. The lounges themselves will feature comfortable season, refreshments, and a plasma TV in addition to Internet-enabled workstations and “PrintMe” features.
“Yahoo! and Sheraton are both committed to offering a personalized experience for our visitors, and working together to create the Yahoo! Link is a natural fit,” said Commie Dun away, Yahoo’s chief marketing officer. “This pilot program is part of Yahoo!’s ongoing effort to extend our brand beyond the desktop, bringing information and content to users anywhere, at any time.”
- Yahoo Mail makes it easier for online shoppers to find the best deals
- Oath revamps Yahoo, AOL privacy policies to allow email and photo scans
- Yahoo Mail’s latest feature makes it easy to keep up with the Winter Olympics
- Yahoo Japan invests in a cryptocurrency exchange platform launching this fall
- Yahoo Mail is about to make RSVPing to an event a whole lot easier