Want to suggest a band or album? Email us here: email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Released by the deceased songwriter’s label, Kill Rock Stars, this album is a compilation of some of Smith’s best work, spanning all seven of his full-length albums. As the title implies, the compilation is meant to serve as an introduction to the quiet and often profound songs that made Elliott Smith stand out as one of the great songwriters of an era.
For fans of: Bright Eyes, Iron & Wine, Nick Drake
This new Brooklyn band has just released their debut full-length album and it’s full of high-energy indie rock generously sprinkled with electronica. The combination makes for fun tunes that would fit right in at your next Brooklyn house party. Opener “Crime Pays” is especially catchy.
For fans of: Animal Collective, MGMT, The Scissor Sisters
Fronted by John Stirratt and Pat Sansone, members of indie rock veteran band Wilco, The Autumn Defense is back with its fourth full-length album, Once Around. The pair churn out classic and somewhat nostalgic folk songs that could function as the easy listening companion to Wilco.
For fans of: Cat Stevens, Simon & Garfunkel, Wilco
- Miles of music: The 55 best songs about cars, driving, and road trips
- How new wave legend Nick Heyward transformed his musical doodles into songs
- From ‘E.T.’ to ‘Baby Driver,’ these are the best movie soundtracks of all time
- Naked but never nihilistic, Starsailor charts a course for indie soul
- The 25 best love songs for your wooing pleasure