The indie-rock superstars The Strokes are back with their much-anticipated new album that has had diehard fans waiting since 2006’s First Impressions of Earth. The album has a different sound than previous albums, spritelier and with songs contributed by band members other than just Julian Casablancas. Whether fans like it or not, this album is as big of a comeback as we’ve seen in a while.
This mellow crooner had a big break when his single appeared on Grey’s Anatomy a few years ago, and now Fitzsimmons is releasing his fifth full-length album. His sound is quiet and earnest songwriting with simple, peaceful accompaniments that never overpower the strength of the lyrics and Fitzsimmons soft and pure voice.
This New Zealand band is making its first marks in the U.S. with their debut album Passive Me, Aggressive You. Another band to gain interest from a TV show, their single “Young Blood” was recently used on Gossip Girl and is now making the blog rounds with quite the buzz. The young band has an electro-pop sound with influence of rock and hints of 80s synth.
- 2016 stole some of our favorite musicians, but gave us these 50 amazing albums
- The DT3 – Our top new music releases for March 9
- The DT3 – Our top new music releases for February 22
- The DT3 – Our top new music releases for February 16
- The DT3 – Top new music releases for February 2