The indie-rock superstars The Strokes are back with their much-anticipated new album that has had diehard fans waiting since 2006’s First Impressions of Earth. The album has a different sound than previous albums, spritelier and with songs contributed by band members other than just Julian Casablancas. Whether fans like it or not, this album is as big of a comeback as we’ve seen in a while.
This mellow crooner had a big break when his single appeared on Grey’s Anatomy a few years ago, and now Fitzsimmons is releasing his fifth full-length album. His sound is quiet and earnest songwriting with simple, peaceful accompaniments that never overpower the strength of the lyrics and Fitzsimmons soft and pure voice.
This New Zealand band is making its first marks in the U.S. with their debut album Passive Me, Aggressive You. Another band to gain interest from a TV show, their single “Young Blood” was recently used on Gossip Girl and is now making the blog rounds with quite the buzz. The young band has an electro-pop sound with influence of rock and hints of 80s synth.
- Embracing the ’80s and flipping the script with The Shins frontman James Mercer
- Miles of music: The 55 best songs about cars, driving, and road trips
- Naked but never nihilistic, Starsailor charts a course for indie soul
- How new wave legend Nick Heyward transformed his musical doodles into songs
- The best songs about friendship