This young (average age is 21) California band is sure to hit it big after the release of their strong, catchy self-titled debut. In the vein of a cleaner Kings of Leon or a more rock-driven Local Natives, Young The Giant comes onto the scene with crisp, refined rock sound with the infectious hooks of a band much older and wiser. Hints of California beach rock are evident, but this band is about big sing-a-long choruses and the sweet melodies of lead singer Sameer Gadhia.
If you haven’t heard of this duo already, they are basically a female interpretation of popular musical comedy act Flight of the Conchords. Funny, explicit, and clever, the two ladies of Garfunkel and Oates put their charming voices and sailor mouths to good use in often crude, but hilarious, songs.
This duo has taken the talents of a California native and a Southern gentleman and combined them into an Americana folk album tinged with the slightest country influence. Their debut album, Barton Hollow sees Joy Williams and John Paul White harmonize both their voices and styles into a dreamy and mellow array of songs that would satisfy any folk or alt-country fan.
- A wealth of rich tunes: Here are the 25 best songs about money
- The 25 best love songs for your wooing pleasure
- Jam out in style with the 25 best playlists on Spotify
- Bruno Mars wins big and Kesha delivers a raw performance at Grammys 2018
- The way you listen to music is in jeopardy. Here’s how Pandora plans to survive