Well, chaps, the BlackBerry PlayBook is headed to the United Kingdom on June 16. The cost: £400 (16GB), £480 (32GB), and £560 (64GB). All three price points are for Wi-Fi only units. We don’t yet have a date on when the 3G/4G equipped PlayBooks will start hitting either side of the Atlantic.
RIM’s tablet has had a rough North American launch, with lukewarm reviews and a small recall for 1,000 PlayBooks sold in Staples stores. Many of the apps released are buggy and incomplete as well. No launch sales have been released. Still, the tablet holds a lot of promise, with an intuitive interface and solid, well designed hardware. Our review is here.
- Volvo’s all-new V60 wagon is a stylish, high-tech SUV alternative
- ‘Mario Kart Tour’ will reportedly be ‘free-to-start’ like ‘Super Mario Run’
- Wacom’s new Intuos pen tablets are a light, cheap entry into photo editing
- Apple HomePod smart speaker is now available for pre-order
- Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) review