Well, the video may start off as an unboxing, but it rapidly descends into a kind of cheerful, fluffy torture test, demonstrating the handset’s ability to withstand a playful mauling by a gang of cute canines.
Indeed, rather than the use the device to make calls, take photos, play games, or surf the Web, the dogs simply gnaw the device, treating it like a high-tech bone. But they’re cute so who cares?
Fortunately for anyone actually wanting to learn something about LG’s latest latest, Verizon’s ad also drops in a few of its features (features that “puppies love,” apparently), among them its always-on display, all metal unibody design, wide-angle camera lens, and, last but not least, its fascinating “Friends” ecosystem that features a range of modules and accessories for the handset.
The G5 lands at Verizon with a $624 price tag, while its monthly deal comes in at $26 for 24 months. For information on G5 prices with other carriers, check out DT’s guide here.
Wacky unboxings are apparently becoming par for the course for mobile carriers. T-Mobile recently performed “probably the world’s fastest unboxing” of the G5 inside a speeding rally car, while in February the same company sent an employee into a swimming pool for a rather wet unveiling of Samsung’s Galaxy S7 handset.
- Digital Trends Live: ‘Bandersnatch,’ Brianna Perry, and Origin PC unboxing
- How to unlock a phone on each and every carrier
- Google Fi: Phones, plans, pricing, and perks explained
- BlackBerry sets own pace for 2019: Strikes Verizon deal, but no 5G phone coming
- Here’s how to buy the new five-camera LG V40 ThinQ flagship phone