Sprint and Sanyo today unveiled a new clam shell phone which is available in multiple colors and has a wide array of features. The new Sprint PCS Vision Phone SCP-3100 by Sanyo is priced at $199.99 or $49.99 after a rebate with a two-year service agreement.
The SCP-3100, said Sprint, is available in blue, silver, pink and, in a U.S. first, espresso. This last color is apparently a big deal because of being its association with consumers’ love for coffee. Beyond the choice of multiple colors, other features of the SCP-3100 include a speakerphone, SMS text messaging, a large external LCD, walkie-talkie style communications, built-in VGA camera and up to 3.6 hours of talk time.
“The SCP-3100 by Sanyo allows for personalization and is a great phone for families,” said Danny Bowman, vice president of product marketing for Sprint, in a statement. “Each family member can own the phone in a different color, making it easy to tell a child’s phone from a parent’s as you’re rushing out the door in the morning. Sanyo is the first in the U.S. to introduce the color Espresso in a handset.”
- The Illy Y5 with Amazon Dash will make sure you never run out of coffee again
- Don’t listen to the guy at the mall. How to pick the best smartphone data plan
- Everything you need to know about the Essential PH-1 phone
- What size data plan is right for you? It all depends on what you use it for
- The Razer Phone, with its Snapdragon 835 and 8GB of RAM, is finally here