Toshiba may have just released the Thrive tablet, but it isn’t done yet. The company may be planning a thinner, more iPad-like tablet for release in the coming months. While the Thrive targets those that want full size USB connections, swappable batteries, and other PC-like features, this new device looks to be as thin as Apple’s flagship tablet, hinting that the company wants to target a higher-end market with the device.
Notebook Italia has obtained pictures of what it claims to be a new Toshiba tablet. As you can see above, it appears to have a brushed metal (or brushed plastic) case, MicroHDMI, MicroUSB, and MicroSD ports and slots, as well as a groove on the side of it, indicating that it could have a slide-on dock of some kind, or perhaps a removable battery of its own. We suspect that the tablet runs similar specs to the Thrive, meaning it has a 1GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 8-32GB of internal storage, and 1GB of RAM. The tablet should debut at IFA on Sept. 1.
- You may have to wait until 2023 for Google’s folding phone
- The best iPhone 13 battery cases for 2022
- How to choose the best microSD cards for your smartphone or tablet
- Apple iPhone 14: Release date, leaks, price, and more
- Is there an Apple Memorial Day Sale? Best deals to shop now