Maybe you chat up the driver when you get in an Uber, or perhaps you stare out the window. More likely you’re perusing through a few apps on your smartphone. Well, Uber wants to be your in-ride infotainment service, not entirely unlike what you’d find on a flight.
The ride-sharing service just launched a developer tool called Uber Trip Experiences, which lets third-party apps provide notifications, music playlists, news content, or ads to passengers during their trips. Uber says this content will be customized to the length of the ride, and will require permission from the user.
- These 100 best iPhone apps will turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades
- Put your health first and get into shape with the best iPhone fitness apps
- Turn your iPhone into a modern-day camcorder with the new Air app
- 100 awesome Android apps that will transform your tired tablet
- Find your fitness with our favorite health and fitness apps for Android