Doctor Who returns with a new episode this weekend, and while many fans have likely been counting down the days — no, hours — until the midseason premiere, BBC America clearly wants to make sure it’s on everyone’s radar.
In its continuing efforts to promote the long-running science-fiction series’ return, the network has posted a new Doctor Who featurette hinting at what’s in store for The Doctor and his companions in the second half of the season. The video includes some discussion of the upcoming adventures by stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillen, as well as executive producers Piers Wenger and Beth Willis, and showrunner and head writer Steven Moffat.
While the featurette heaps lots of pre-premiere praise on the upcoming “Let’s Kill Hitler” episode, there’s also some information about which popular creatures fans can expect to see returning in the remaining episodes. Among the notable villains that will face off against The Doctor later this year are The Silence, which made their debut in the season’s multi-episode premiere, as well as classic villains Cybermen and, according to the footage, the Weeping Angels.
Oh, and there appears to be a heaping helping of creepy dolls, too — which is always nice.
The midseason premiere of Doctor Who kicks off Saturday, August 27, on BBC America.
- ‘The Punisher’ season 2: Here’s everything we know so far
- Netflix already has a ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ season 2 premiere date
- ‘The Walking Dead’ isn’t quite done with Andrew Lincoln yet
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Everything we know so far
- ‘The Mandalorian’: What we know about Jon Favreau’s live-action Star Wars series