The fifth-season premiere of Game of Thrones is mere weeks away now, and HBO is keeping anticipation high with regular previews of what’s to come in the next series of episodes.
The latest preview of Season Five puts the spotlight on the Sand Snakes — the trio of female warriors out to avenge the death of their father, Prince Oberyn Martell. Played by Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (as Tyene Sand), Jessica Henwick (as Nym Sand), and Keisha Castle-Hughes (as Obara Sand), the sisters each wield a distinctly different weapon with deadly skill.
In the video, fans can get a look at each actress in costume, as well as a peek at their chosen weapons: a spear, a whip, and a set of twin daggers.
The new season of Game of Thrones will premiere Sunday, April 12, at 9:00pm ET on HBO. The episode will be broadcast simultaneously in over 170 countries around the world on various regional HBO networks and HBO partners.
Based on George R.R. Martin’s fantasy series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” Game of Thrones is the most popular HBO series in the network’s history.
- Keep pirating content and you may lose control of your thermostat, ISP warns
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- Here is everything we know so far about ‘Westworld’ season 2
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators will build new worlds in Disney’s Star Wars galaxy
- New ‘Silicon Valley’ season 5 photos bring the gang back together