The Oscars ceremony wasn’t the only big, movie-related awards event happening over the past weekend. The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation also announced the winners of its somewhat dubious honors the day before the Academy Awards kicked off. Let’s just say that if winning a “Razzie” was the sort of thing actors and filmmakers celebrated, Kirk Cameron would’ve been partying like a rock star.
The widely panned Saving Christmas and its star took home four Razzies during a ceremony held Saturday (February 21) evening in Hollywood — which would be a pretty good night if the Golden Raspberry Awards weren’t created to call out the worst films and performances of the year.
Not only did Saving Christmas “win” the Worst Picture category, but it also earned Cameron a Razzie in the Worst Actor category, earned screenwriters Darren Doane and Cheston Hervey a Razzie in the Worst Screenplay category, and even earned Cameron another Razzie in the Worst Screen Combo category, which was won by “Kirk Cameron and his ego.” Ouch.
Here’s how the rest of the Golden Raspberry Awards panned out:
Worst Actress: Cameron Diaz, The Other Woman and Sex Tape
Worst Supporting Actress: Megan Fox, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Worst Suppoting Actor: Kelsey Grammer, Expendables 3, Legends of Oz, Think Like a Man Too, and Transformers: Age of Extinction
Worst Director: Michael Bay, Transformers: Age of Extinction
Worst Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel: Annie
- 2017’s worst movie? ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ leads Razzie nominations
- Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and 11 more actors you won’t believe never won Oscars
- ‘Three Billboards’ and HBO shows win big at 24th Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Streaming TV and ‘Three Billboards’ were big winners at 2018 Golden Globe Awards
- Guillermo del Toro’s ‘The Shape of Water’ leads the pack of Oscar nominees