Directed by Christopher McQuarrie (Jack Reacher), the new film is titled Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation, and will pit Ethan (Tom Cruise) and his IMF team against a group of rogue international agents that are seemingly their equals in every way — and determined to destroy Ethan’s team. The first trailer for the film offers a taste of what’s to come for the IMF, as well as a reminder that 52-year-old franchise star Tom Cruise is still capable of accomplishing the most impossible mission of all: defying age with one impressive stunt after another.
Along with Cruise reprising his leading role, the film also stars Jeremy Renner (The Avengers), Alec Baldwin (30 Rock), Simon Pegg (Star Trek), Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction), Simon McBurney (The Last King of Scotland), and Rebecca Ferguson (Hercules). The script was penned by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 writer Will Staples and Iron Man 3 co-writer Drew Pearce.
Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation will hit standard and IMAX theaters July 31, 2015.
- Taste test: The new Impossible Burger is a triumph of food engineering
- We’re going to the red planet! All the past, present, and future missions to Mars
- The Division 2: Dark Zone guide for PvP and PvE encounters
- Why First Man’s Oscar-winning visual effects are a giant leap for filmmaking
- Digital Trends Live: Exciting revelations from day one of CES 2019