It didn’t seem possible, but the new, international trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road has somehow managed to be even more wonderfully loony than the first totally crazy trailer.
The latest teaser for the film offers up a nice mix of post-apocalyptic mayhem and high-speed desert chaos filled with shots of Tom Hardy as the iconic wasteland warrior Max Rockatansky pursuing, being pursued by, and otherwise tangling with roving marauders and a tough-as-nails woman named Furiosa, played by Charlize Theron. Oh, and there are explosions. Lots of ’em.
The first trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road debuted during Comic-Con International in San Diego last year, and quickly became a viral hit with its impressive collection of footage that promised nothing short of a wild ride when the film hits theaters later this year.
Co-written and directed by Mad Max franchise creator George Miller, Fury Road is the fourth film in the series and the first to not feature Mel Gibson in the title role that put him on Hollywood’s radar. Along with Hardy and Theron, the film also stars Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Nathan Jones, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Mad Max: Fury Road is scheduled to arrive in 2D and 3D theaters May 15, 2015.
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- ‘Mad Max’ and ‘TrackMania Turbo’ headline April’s PlayStation Plus lineup
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Between the Streams: Venomless trailer, Game of Thrones Star Wars, ‘Solo’ time