The first trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron came in at #3 on the list of 2014’s most-viewed movie trailers, and now the second trailer for the highly anticipated sequel to The Avengers could stake an early lead on the 2015 rankings.
In a commercial that aired during Thursday’s college football playoffs, Marvel Studios announced that a new trailer for Age Of Ultron will debut during the National Championship game on Monday, January 12. The game kicks off at 8:30 PM ET, but there’s no telling when the trailer will actually premiere.
As we near the May premiere of Avengers: Age Of Ultron in theaters, more details are beginning to emerge about the film, which finds Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) battling an evil android bent on eliminating humanity from the planet. New characters Vision (Paul Bettany), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) are expected to join the roster of “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” in the upcoming film, which will also be the penultimate chapter in “Phase Two” of Marvel’s cinematic universe.
Directed by Joss Whedon, Avengers: Age Of Ultron is scheduled to hit theaters May 1, 2015.
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Watch all the Super Bowl movie trailers from this year’s game
- AMC will host the ultimate Marvel marathon before ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ earns more than $1 billion at international box office
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far