The Sharknado machine keeps chugging along, getting crazier with every turn. The latest news on the third installment of the franchise involves the casting of mercurial businessman Mark Cuban and controversial right-wing political commentator Ann Coulter in the upcoming film as President and VP respectively, according to Deadline.
The odd pairing will join returning cast members Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, and Cassie Scerbo, as well as a long list of familiar faces making cameos in the film that sees the recurring meteorological mass of airborne sharks lay waste to Washington, D.C. and much of the East Coast.
Thus far, the colorful cast of celebrities appearing in the film is known to include Bo Derek, Jerry Springer, Chris Kirkpatrick of *NSYNC, and professional wrestler Chris Jericho. Vanilla Ice has also been rumored for a role, though his involvement has not been confirmed.
Anthony C. Ferrante, who directed the first two films for the SyFy network will return for the third, along with franchise screenwriter Thunder Levin.
Now a bona fide viral sensation after two installments, the Sharknado franchise set records for Syfy as each installment broke the previously held viewership watermark for original movie audiences. Sharknado 2: The Second One is currently the most-watch Syfy original movie of all time.
While there’s no specific broadcast date set for Sharknado 3 yet, the film is expected to premiere in July.
- Nintendo president says the company could move away from home consoles
- From Software has two new games in the works. Is ‘Bloodborne 2’ one of them?
- Box-office bosses: The highest-grossing movies of all time for each month
- ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum’ — Here’s everything we know so far
- ‘Men in Black International’: Everything we know about the new MiB movie