Avengers: Age of Ultron star Chris Hemsworth hosted Saturday Night Live over the weekend, and as one might expect, a skit involving his superhero alter ego found its way onto the show.
In the Avengers-themed sketch, a reporter played by Horatio Sanz attempts to wrangle Thor (Hemsworth) for an interview after The Avengers’ victory over the evil android Ultron and his robot minions, only to have some trouble reining in the hard-partying hero. Thor, who wants nothing more than to sing “We are the champions” and invite everyone to the after-party at Dave & Buster’s, is joined by Iron Man (Taran Killam), Nick Fury (Jay Pharoah), and Captain America (Beck Bennett).
They’re also briefly joined by Bruce Banner (Pete Davidson), who’s pretty sure he ate someone during the battle.
The Avengers’ real battle with Ultron has yet to make its way to theaters, however, with Avengers: Age of Ultron premiering just shy of two months from now. Directed by Joss Whedon, the film pits the Marvel Comics superhero team against an evil android (voiced by James Spader) bent on eradicating humanity from Earth.
Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters May 1, 2015.
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Everything we know about the ‘Infinity War’ sequel
- Box-office bosses: The highest-grossing movies of all time for each month
- From ‘Avengers: Endgame’ to ‘Episode IX’: The most anticipated movies of 2019
- The best Dolby Atmos movies, from ‘Ready Player One’ to ‘Jumanji’
- The best movies on Netflix right now (January 2019)