We don’t cover television shows too often, but for this one, we will happily make an exception. Based on the comic of the same name, Frank Darabont brings us a new take on a zombie apocalypse.
The story takes place after the protagonist, police officer Rick Grimes (played by Andrew Lincoln), wakes from a coma after being shot in the line of duty. When he awakes, he discovers that the world has changed and zombies are roaming the street. Grimes returns home to find his wife and son are missing, but a recording leads him to Atlanta, where survivors were told to go and wait for help. Grimes enters Atlanta to to discover that the city is overrun by zombies.
AMC is producing the show, with Darabont as the show runner, and AMC has greenlit six episodes for the first season. The Walking Dead premiers on Halloween night.
- Walkers in winter? Why haven’t we seen snow on ‘The Walking Dead’ yet?
- ‘Walking Dead’ and ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ crossover heads to theaters
- Hackers seize Atlanta’s network system, demand $51,000 in Bitcoin as ransom
- Did this comic listing reveal ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3’?
- ‘Atlanta’ season 2 preview