The new teaser for The X-Files aired during this week’s episode of Gotham on Fox, and features some eye-catching graphics that set a nice tone for the series’ return.
Scheduled to premiere in January, the revival of The X-Files brings back series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as Mulder and Scully, respectively, as well as much of the original series’ supporting cast. The revival series will run six episodes, but Anderson, Duchovny, and series creator/showrunner Chris Carter have all indicated that more episodes are possible if the limited series does well.
Along with Duchovny and Anderson reprising their roles as Mulder and Scully, respectively, the series revival will also feature the return of series veteran Mitch Pileggi as the pair’s former boss, Walter Skinner, as well as fellow series regular William B. Davis as the enigmatic Cigarette-Smoking Man. Annabeth Gish and Robert Patrick, who co-starred in the series late in its run after Duchovny and Anderson had ceased appearing regularly in episodes, are also rumored to be returning in some capacity for the revival.
Carter wrote and directed three of the six revival episodes, with series veterans Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, and James Wong writing and directing the remaining episodes.
The revival of The X-Files kicks off Sunday, Jan. 24, at 10 p.m. ET following the NFC Championship Game on FOX and then continues on its normal day and time: Monday, Jan. 25, at 8 p.m. ET.
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of ‘The X-Files’ with the show’s 10 best episodes
- ‘The Orville’ season 2 gets a new, drama-heavy teaser trailer
- Sick of unskippable commercials? YouTube TV’s DVR just got a lot more friendly
- First ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ trailer sends Marvel’s mutants down a dark path
- How to photograph ghosts — get an iPhone (Samsung cameras won’t work)