Walt Disney Pictures’ upcoming sci-fi adventure Tomorrowland has been steeped in mystery for much of the film’s production, with little known about the plot of Oscar-winning director Brad Bird’s movie or how it might tie-in with the attraction of the same name at the Disney theme parks. The first trailer for the film that aired during this year’s Super Bowl didn’t offer much in the way of answers, but the latest sneak peek provides a bit more context for what we’ve seen of the sci-fi film so far, alongside some spectacular special effects.
In the new trailer, clever teenager Casey (Britt Robertson) is shown receiving — and subsequently being caught up in the secrets of — a strange pin that transports her to a place where futuristic technology we’ve only dreamed about is very, very real. Along the way, she’s seen meeting former boy-genius inventor Frank (George Clooney) and scientist David Nix (Hugh Laurie), and we’re treated to scenes of fighting robots, laser guns, and even a massive spaceship launching out of a tower in the center of a city.
Basically, it appears to be everything a sci-fi fan could want… plus George Clooney and the star of House, M.D.
Written by Bird (Ratatouille, The Incredibles) and Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof, Tomorrowland also stars Raffey Cassidy, Tim McGraw, Judy Greer, Kathryn Hahn, Keegan-Michael Key (of Key & Peele fame), and Thomas Robinson.
Tomorrowland hits theaters May 22, 2015.
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Watch all the Super Bowl movie trailers from this year’s game
- Between the Streams: A brutal ‘Sicario 2’ trailer, 10 more years of Star Wars
- Between the Streams: Apple and Kristen Wiig, ‘Solo’ synopsis, Black Widow movie?