The hiring of Beats co-founders Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine along with Apple’s $3 billion Beats purchase made one thing clear: Apple is totally out of touch with the youth music scene. That fact was made doubly obvious after Apple’s U2 album giveaway ($100 million … seriously?!) to millions of iTunes users who, apparently, would have rather have had a kick in the head.
Since the U2 debacle, and the droves of online complaints, Apple has added support to get the album OFF your phone. But is that enough? How can Apple rectify its insolence in offering up a free album from a band that teenagers really, really hate? You can’t unhear “The Miracle (of Joey Ramone),” no matter how hard you try. Or can you?
Team Coco makes fun of the situation, and what basically amounts to some pretty ungrateful iTunes users. (We really didn’t think the album was all that bad, for Dad rock.) Check this extreme idea of how Apple can make up for Tim Cook’s complete and utter lack of musical cool with “erase U2.”
- Cracked Apple Watch Series 2, Series 3 may get free screen replacements
- HTC U12 vs Google Pixel 2 XL: Can HTC take out the stock Android king?
- New HTC U12 Plus literally puts the squeeze on more expensive top-tier phones
- Does your Apple Watch 2 have a swollen battery? Apple will fix it for free
- Best new songs to stream: U2 with Kendrick Lamar, Jim James, and more.