Ever since it entered the mirrorless interchangeable lens camera market with the X Series in 2012, Fujifilm has cultivated a reputation for consistently updating and improving on its current products in ways that have been uncommon in the camera Industry. On Thursday, Fujifilm reaffirmed that commitment to constant improvement by announcing firmware updates for 19 X Series cameras and lenses.
Among the cameras getting updates is its latest flagship offering, the X-Pro 2. Issues specifically addressed include an improvement in manual focus accuracy and resolution of an issue that in some situations caused the camera to need to be turned off and then back on to wake it up from a sleep state.
The cameras updated with the manual focus accuracy improvement are:
As for the lenses, Fujifilm also improved it’s new 35mm F/2 WR with several updates that optimize the lens to work better with the cameras that have been updated with the manual focus accuracy adjustments. Fujifilm’s other lens updates include improvements to OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) performance, as well as adding support for Fujifilm’s new 2x teleconverter.
The updated lenses are:
- XF35mmF2 R WR
- XF90mmF2 R LM WR
- XF10-24mmF4 R OIS
- XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR
- XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS
- XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
- XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR
- XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
- XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
- XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II
- XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS II
If you are a Fujifilm shooter who owns one of the above listed products, you can find out more about each update, how to install the updates, and more by checking out the official Fujifilm update page on the Fujiflim website here.
- See how Fujifilm’s popular X100 camera has changed over the years
- The mirrorless Fujifilm X-T4 camera brings a stabilized sensor for the first time
- Nikon adds pet eye AF with major firmware update for the Z 6 and Z 7
- Fujifilm X-T3 vs. Sony A6600: Flagship APS-C mirrorless cameras compared
- Eufy to update its video doorbell and smart security cameras