Ask a handful of photographers who travel often what their recommended bag is for a trip, and there is a good chance that more than a few would mention Think Tank Photo’s Airport camera bag series. These bags have made a name for themselves in the photographer community and have earned a loyal following, so when Think Tank announces new bag, many photographers take note.
Think Tank has now unveiled the third-generation of its Airport series camera bags, featuring upgrades to both the International and Security versions. Among the upgrades for both bags are improved handles, greater overall durability, and dedicated laptop and tablet compartments.
The larger of the two bags, the International, is capable of holding up to two gripped DSLRs with lenses attached as well as an additional four to six lenses. It can also handle up to a 17-inch laptop and a 10-inch tablet in its dedicated compartments.
The key features include (per Think Tank):
- Specially designed interior to maximize gear for carry-on
- Dedicated padded laptop and tablet compartments located in a lockable pocket
- TSA-approved zipper locks
- Custom designed retractable handle with inset channel on aluminum tubing for added strength and durability
- Quick and easy access to the retractable handle
- Tripod mount pocket on side (additional straps included for larger tripods)
- Expansive top compartment cradles large camera bodies for the perfect fit
- Unique serial number for lost & found registration
- Interior zippered pockets for batteries, memory cards, filters and accessories
- User-replaceable retractable handle, wheels, wheel housings, feet and kick plate to extend product life
- Extra tall wheel housings that protect your bag from scrapes and scratches
“Photographers deserve rolling camera bags that are as high in quality as their photo gear,” Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s CEO and lead designer, said of the new third-generation Airport bags, in a statement.
As far as pricing and availability, both bags are now available through the Think Tank Photo website, with the International model weighing in at $429.75, and the Security model coming in at $399.75. You can learn more about both bags, or purchase one over on the Think Tank Photo website, here.
- The best camera bags for 2020
- The best tripods for the iPad
- The best laptop backpacks and briefcases for traveling in 2020
- The best 17-inch laptop bags and backpacks for 2020
- The best travel cameras for 2020