Video-sharing site Vimeo has just updated its PRO service, which offers professional-grade video hosting solutions for creative types and small businesses, like customizing the Vimeo player with a company logo. The service, which competes against the likes of Brightcove, Ooyala, and even YouTube, remains priced at $199 per year, but with this update Vimeo has mainly enhanced existing offerings (including increased storage and unlimited HD playback).
PRO users now get 1TB a year (20GB per week), which Vimeo says is equivalent to 5 hours of HD video per week. Previously users only had 50GB and 250,000 plays, but all videos have unlimited playback regardless of where they appear. Vimeo is also guaranteeing quick customer service response of within 1 hour during business days. Users can also access the Vimeo On Demand direct-distribution platform, “which enables creators to set their own rent and buy pricing, sell preorders of their work, and earn money from viewers with a 90/10 revenue split (after transaction costs),” Vimeo says. All other existing features, such as compatibility with mobile devices, FTP uploading, HTML 5 support, password encryption, and portfolio sites, remain.
- Hello Fresh vs. Blue Apron: Which meal-delivery service is better?
- Which Verizon plan is best for you? We check out family, individual, and prepaid
- Amazon reportedly planning major Whole Foods expansion with Prime Now delivery
- LinkedIn gets serious about video with Vimeo integration
- Here’s how and where you can watch the best 4K content