Sean Parker, officially Facebook’s first president, has officially launched his own Twitter account. His first tweet was fairly blunt, “Sorry Zuck, I had to do it eventually. (Actually @scooterbraun made me do it.)” Scooter Braun happens to be a talent agent, so it seems as though Parker joining Twitter today was part of a bigger plan.
Parker has recently been backing the streaming music service Spotify, but he is also building a new startup company himself. It is safe to assume that Parker wants to start to build up his own online presence for his new ventures. Being known as the guy who started Napster, and was kicked out of Facebook can only help you so much these days.
We are also assuming that Parker wants to finally have his own identity separate the role Justin Timberlake played in The Social Network. It is a safe bet that he is now well known thanks to that movie, and it didn’t paint the best picture of him. While he is still a part owner of Facebook he does not have an active role at the company.
As of the writing of this story Parker’s account is already verified so we are betting he didn’t create the account today. So today’s tweet happened for a reason, we just don’t know that reason yet. Parker currently has 12,171 followers after just a single tweet, and we are guessing that number will continue to climb before the day is done.
- This band owns Twitter, according to list of top accounts and tweets for 2018
- Elon Musk shows off Boring Company’s ‘disturbingly long’ tunnel beneath LA
- Not everything can be Fortnite: The biggest gaming fails of 2018
- Tesla owners will soon be able to summon a repair van in a few taps
- Apple AirPods may be used to spy on conversations, but please don’t