But it ended its session without returning an indictment against Kernell, who is the son Tennessee Democratic state representative Mike Kernell.
Reports from several sources show that the IP address used to hack Palin’s account was traced to the building where Kernell lives, and the FBI searched Kernell’s Knoxville apartment over the weekend, according to Information Week.
In a statement, Kernell’s attorney, Wade V. Davies, said:
"This is a difficult time for David and his family. The Kernell family wants to do the right thing, and they want what is best for their son. We are confident that the truth will emerge as we go through the process."
- The 50 best movies on Netflix right now
- The best shows to binge-watch on Netflix right now
- The 98 best movies on Hulu right now
- The best comedies on Hulu right now
- The best horror movies on Netflix right now