The Blackberry is king, or rather, the company behind it – Research in Motion, or RIM – is. It’s been named the world’s fastest-growing company by Fortune magazine. The Canadian-based company heads the list of 100 companies compiled by Fortune.
It’s the first year companies outside the US have been featured, and they feature well in the list. Five are from China, led by Sohu.com, which took the third spot.
In the case of RIM, profits have shot up by 84% during the past three years, revenues have grown 77%, and the total return stands at 45%.
Chip maker Sigma Designs showed an increase in revenues of 104% over the last two years, due in part to a deal with Microsoft and more Blu-ray DVD player sales, to nab second place.
- The best shows to binge-watch on Netflix right now
- The 91 best movies on HBO Max right now
- The 90 best movies on Hulu right now
- The best Netflix original series you can stream right now
- Inside the strange and scammy world of anti-5G accessories