He’s been dubbed the ‘Craigslist Killer.’ It’s alleged that 22-year-old Philip Markoff met masseuse Julissa Brisman after she advertised on classified ad site Craigislist, then murdered her on April 14.
He’s also been accused of the robbery of a prostitute in Las Vegas on April 10, and the robbery of a stripper in Rhode Island on April 16, and speculation is that he met both of them on the site, too.
In court he’s pleaded not guilty to Brisman’s murder, and is unlikely to stand trial for another 12 months, according to AFP.
The court was told that in February Markoff purchased prepaid mobile phones in and then a handgun, using someone else’s driving license as ID. Meanwhile, police claim to have discovered the handgun, ammunition, and a cell phone, as well as a laptop which offers evidence of communication with Brisman at Markoff’s apartment.
- 5 facts you didn’t know about the murderer from Netflix’s Don’t F**k With Cats
- Two men behind iStreamItAll, Jetflicks plead guilty to copyright infringement
- Quibi wants to be the streaming service for people short on time
- What we want to see in a new Batman video game, and what we don’t
- Malicious attacker targeted epilepsy group on Twitter in bid to cause seizures