You walk into the dark room where your friends patiently await the start of the movie. You plop down your carrying case and pull out the new Optoma MovieTime Digital DVD Projector, a digital home theatre projector with integrated DVD player and stereo speakers. You bypass the built-in audio system, instead hooking up to a fat surround system through the optical audio output. You pop in ?Lord of the Rings?, hit play on the MovieTime?s DVD player and let the show begin.
Such is the vision of Optoma Technology, a Silicon Valley-based company which specializes in projection and digital display products for business and home. Their new MovieTime digital projector, which first garnered notice and honors at the Consumer Electronics Show in January, is now shipping with a retail price of $1,499.
The MovieTime features DLP image technology from Texas Instruments, which is projected from its short-throw lens up to a maximum distance of just over 32 feet. It has a brightness of 1000 Lumens and resolutions of 480p (854 x 480) native and SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) compressed. Also on the visual block is a maximum contrast ratio of 4000:1 with its special image technology, a maximum image size of 335 inches and native support for a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. This is all on top of HDTV compatibility from a number of sources and a pure digital video picture from the DVD player since its built-in presence eliminates the need for analog to digital conversion.
Besides HDTV, other compatible video formats include NTSC, PAL, SECAM, EDTV and SDTV.
In keeping with its home theatre roots, the MovieTime expands upon its built-in DVD player with audio features like the previously mentioned optical audio output for 7.1 channels of surround sound and also the built-in speaker system. The player can read multiple disc formats, including DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, VCD, JPEG CD, Audio CD, CD-R and CD-RW. This makes it useful as a stand alone CD player or picture projector.
Included with the Optoma MovieTime Digital DVD Projector is an AC power cord, composite cable, remote control, batteries for the remote, user?s guide, component to VGA adapter, 15-pin to 3 RCA component/HDTV hookup and carrying case.
- Pure Digital from DVD Player to screen for rich cinema experience.
- Advanced DarkChip2 DLP technology by Texas Instruments
- HDTV Compatibility (720p, 1080i) for High Definition entertainment from a variety of sources
- 1000 lumens and 4000:1 contrast for superior color reproduction
- O2air – Photocatalysis air-purification technology – creates photocatalytic reaction to eliminate odors
- ImageAI – Image Auto intensifier automatically adjusts video output for amazingly high contrast and details
- Advanced 7 segments color wheel (RGBRGBW) is perfectly suited for many home environments.
- Optimized DVD and projector settings provide true widescreen cinema-quality performance
- Multiple Quick DVD ZOOM Presets for 1.85:1, 1.66:1, 2.35:1, 4:3, 16:9
- Optical Audio Output delivers up to 7.1 channels of stunning surround sound
- No analog or sampling errors